Have you ever imported a game, console, game accessory or other gaming-related goods?

...or come across any out of region games et al in your travels?

Discuss anything about video games here if you cannot find anywhere else to post it! No serious gaming and real life topics in this forum! Those go in the Debate, Serious and Politics Forum (and you will need 200 posts to post in there!)!
Forum rules
No serious gaming and real life topics in this forum! Those go in the Debate, Serious and Politics Forum (and you will need 200 posts to post in there!)!

Have you ever imported any games, consoles, or gaming accessories et al before?

Yes, I have imported at least one game, console, accessory etc.
88%
I haven't imported any games, consoles, accessories et al, but managed to find some out of region gaming stuff locally.
No votes yet!
No, I choose to remain domestic to my home region in terms of games, consoles, accessories et al.
13%

Total votes: 8

DPadDoc Magolor
Verified

RPG Character: Cotton
Sophomore Member
Sophomore Member
Cash on hand: 0.00
[Donate][Start Robbery]
Nintendo 3DS Central Vault balance: 29,855,337.48
Title: Resident Wii U Voucher
Mood:
Nintendo 3DS Central

Have you ever imported a game, console, game accessory or other gaming-related goods?

Unread post by DPadDoc Magolor »

As the title suggests, have you imported any video games, consoles, game accessories or other gaming-related goods before, come across an out of region game in the wild, or do you choose to stay domestic with buying games/consoles/accessories in your home region?

I have imported several games as of recent years, these include:

Hoshi no Kirby 3 - Japanese version of Kirby's Dream Land 3 since the North American version is pricey due to its late release. If I ever get around to "modding" my SNES to play Super Famicom games or import a Super Famicom from Japan (couldn't get it to run on my RetroDuo despite being able to play Kirby Super Star (which also uses the SA-1 chip) on there), I'll give this one a playthrough. Until then, I've got Kirby's Dream Collection for KDL3 so it's not a big loss.

Go! Go! Cosmo Cops! - A fun, quirky grappling climbing action platformer game for the Nintendo DS from the Custom Robo devs that only ended up releasing in European countries. It was going to see a release in Japan, but that version sadly got cancelled.

Dr. Kawashima's Brain Training for Nintendo Switch - The latest installment in the Brain Age/Brain Training series. Due to the FTC having a vendetta on brain/IQ games for claims on these types of games actually boosting peoples' intelligence since early 2016, a North American release seems unlikely. Also got a copy mainly to have a compatible stylus for my Switch consoles.

Aleste Collection - A compilation consisting of the Master System and Game Gear entries of Compile's Aleste franchise plus GG Aleste 3, a new Aleste game developed by M2 which is exclusive to both this compilation and the White Game Gear Micro.

Asides those, I also have European copies of Bangai-O Spirits and Nanonstray 2 I found at a flea market a decade ago as well as a European copy of Solomon's Club I bought at a local games and movie store a year or so after that I thought was an American copy until I examined it closely and found French text on the sides of the label.

I have also imported several Amiibo from Japan back when I was actively collecting Amiibo in the Wii U era. Namely these ones:

Wii Fit Trainer
Toon Link
Robin/Reflet
Lucina
Gold Mario
Orange Inkling Squid

If you have imported any games, consoles, accessories et al or found any out of region gaming-related stuff locally in the wild, which ones have you imported/found in the wild?
Last edited by DPadDoc Magolor on May 8th, 2021, 6:43, edited 1 time in total! word count: 438
Image | Image

BlueSky | Mastodon

GameTZ is the new home of my game collection listing. I don't do game trades yet nor know how to do so properly.
Character on avatar: Interdimensional Magolor of Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe | Avatar credit: こうちゃ (Black Tea) on Pixiv
Character Avatar
Tiger21820 MASTER!!
Verified

RPG Character: Tiger
Administrator
Administrator
Golden Member
Golden Member
Cash on hand: 347.63
[Donate][Start Robbery]
Nintendo 3DS Central Vault balance: 5,812,669,000.00
Title: Master of Fire & Ice!
3DS Friend Code: 0302-0580-1162
Switch Friend Code: SW-2874-9496-1397
Referrals: 38
Mood:
Tiger's Island!
    Windows 10 Firefox
Nintendo 3DS Central

Re: Have you ever imported a game, console, game accessory or other gaming-related goods?

Unread post by Tiger21820 MASTER!! »

I imported the German versions of Pokémon Pearl, HeartGold, & SoulSilver!
word count: 11
:fireice1 :fire2 :tigCheer Master of Fire & Ice! :tigHappy :ice1 :fireice1
► Show Spoiler
froggyboy604
Verified
Brand New Member
Brand New Member
Cash on hand: 8,005,285.72
[Donate][Start Robbery]
Mood:
Canada

Re: Have you ever imported a game, console, game accessory or other gaming-related goods?

Unread post by froggyboy604 »

I have not imported any video game related items like game consoles and games because the shipping cost is expensive, and takes too long.
word count: 24
Artisan
Verified

RPG Character: Floride The Hedgehog
Brand New Member
Brand New Member
Cash on hand: 4,055,522.09
[Donate][Start Robbery]
Nintendo 3DS Central Vault balance: 19,212,021.21
Mood:
United States of America

Unread post by Artisan »

I did import Umihara Kawase Bazooka with a Steelbook from Strictly Limited and I would assume SMT 5 did the same thing but I specifically had to use something other than Amazon to get it for UKB. Had prices in other currencies too.
word count: 43
:bananadance: The OG really know how to make a sandwich I tell ya w'hut :bananadance: Image
Demon_skeith
Verified
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
Freshman Member
Freshman Member
Cash on hand: 9,574,500.04
[Donate][Start Robbery]
Referrals: 9
    Android Chrome
Nintendo 3DS Central

Unread post by Demon_skeith »

I thought about getting the Japanese dot hack link game and patch in a fan english translation, but I never made it happen.
word count: 23
Character Avatar
Tiger21820 MASTER!!
Verified

RPG Character: Tiger
Administrator
Administrator
Golden Member
Golden Member
Cash on hand: 347.63
[Donate][Start Robbery]
Nintendo 3DS Central Vault balance: 5,812,669,000.00
Title: Master of Fire & Ice!
3DS Friend Code: 0302-0580-1162
Switch Friend Code: SW-2874-9496-1397
Referrals: 38
Mood:
Tiger's Island!
    Windows 10 Firefox
Nintendo 3DS Central

Unread post by Tiger21820 MASTER!! »

I also have the Spanish (I think) versions of Pokémon UltraMoon, and New Super Mario Bros. 2! Sadly, because of the demon that is REGIONAL LOCKOUT, I can't easily play them...

Also, mods, reviving ANY old topic is PERFECTLY fine! Anyone can bump any topic however old it is for any reason (as long as it is on topic, of course!)! No locking topics for being bumped!
Last edited by Tiger21820 MASTER!! on April 19th, 2023, 6:54, edited 1 time in total! word count: 69
:fireice1 :fire2 :tigCheer Master of Fire & Ice! :tigHappy :ice1 :fireice1
► Show Spoiler

Last 255 Members Who Visited This Topic! Total 141 visits

User avatar Tiger21820 (33), Maria (2), User avatar DPadDoc (18), User avatar Tiger21821 (17), User avatar Tiger21822 (15), tomthebomb (12), Special Guest Account (13), User avatar Demon_skeith (2), flowermom (10), User avatar YoshiPikachuPlayer (15), User avatar Artisan (2), froggyboy604 (2)

Return to “General Video Game Discussion”