Having 2,000+ Nintendo Switch Games will cause icons to disappear

Have you "Switched" to the Nintendo Switch yet? I sure hope so!
DPadDoc Magolor
Verified

RPG Character: Cotton
Sophomore Member
Sophomore Member
Cash on hand: 0.00
[Donate][Start Robbery]
Nintendo 3DS Central Vault balance: 29,855,337.48
Title: Resident Wii U Voucher
Mood:
Nintendo 3DS Central

Having 2,000+ Nintendo Switch Games will cause icons to disappear

Unread post by DPadDoc Magolor »

Here's the article on GoNintendo about the whole Nintendo Switch icon limit discovered by a fan of the site.

Until recently, I didn't even know that the Nintendo Switch had an icon limit. The Nintendo Switch can have up to 2,000 games before games start to randomly disappear from it. The Switch's icon limit is a bit over 6½x the amount that the predecessors Nintendo 3DS and Wii U had, which was 300 for both consoles individually.

This type of limit is not something the average Nintendo Switch owner or those who play the Switch mainly for first/second party games and other exclusives et al would have to deal with. It's usually collectors and archivists who often have a grudge against icon limits of any kind.

I currently have a bit over 200 Switch games, but my collection is mainly physical even though some game cards (mainly compilations) may contain included games as separate icons (I.E.: Blaster Master Zero Trilogy: Metafight Chronicle) as opposed to just one icon (I.E.: Super Mario 3D All Stars).

Did you know about this newly discovered icon limit or no? Do you think that you will ever get over 2,000 games for the Switch at some point?
Last edited by DPadDoc Magolor on August 9th, 2022, 18:46, edited 1 time in total! word count: 212
Image | Image

BlueSky | Mastodon

GameTZ is the new home of my game collection listing. I don't do game trades yet nor know how to do so properly.
Character on avatar: Interdimensional Magolor of Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe | Avatar credit: こうちゃ (Black Tea) on Pixiv
Character Avatar
Tiger21821 HYPER!
Verified

RPG Character: Tiger
NDSCentral Veteran
NDSCentral Veteran
Cash on hand: 621.29
[Donate][Start Robbery]
Nintendo 3DS Central Vault balance: 52,352,000.00
Title: Tiger21820's Clone!
Referrals: 1
Mood:
The Other Tigers!
    Windows 10 Edge
United States of America

Re: Having 2,000+ Nintendo Switch Games will cause icons to disappear

Unread post by Tiger21821 HYPER! »

I didn't know there was an icon limit, and I have 0% chance of getting 2000 icons! Though the Nintendo 3DS did have a software limit (300 I believe), so I'm not surprised!
word count: 35
:fire1 Master of Fire! :fire2

Last 255 Members Who Visited This Topic! Total 82 visits

User avatar Tiger21820 (6), flowermom (5), User avatar Tiger21821 (7), User avatar DPadDoc (18), Sammi (32), Special Guest Account (6), User avatar Grungie (1), MisterBobbyPin (1), User avatar YoshiPikachuPlayer (1), User avatar Tiger21822 (5)

Return to “Nintendo Switch Discussion”