The WiiU didn't deserve death (Split from the NDSCentral Archive thread)

If U like the Wii U, then U should like this forum too!
Demon_skeith
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
Brand New Member
Brand New Member
Referrals: 4
    Android Chrome
Nintendo 3DS Central

The WiiU didn't deserve death (Split from the NDSCentral Archive thread)

Unread post by Demon_skeith »

NDSC_CaptainDrewBoy wrote:The WiiU didn't deserve to die. It was a great console packed with awesome games. Sure, the tablet was underutilized. Sure, having a New Super Mario Bros. game as a launch title was a bit of a misnomer. But it was a great console nonetheless, and you could tell Nintendo had put every bit of love into it that every other console received.

Agree? Say why!
Disagree? I'd love to hear your reasons!
NDSC_Tiger21820 wrote:I think it was unfortunate that the Wii U didn't do very well... I never owned one, but it is still disappointing... I hope they port Super Mario 3D World to Switch!
I don't even remember what really killed it, bad programming? The bad name? I did love the Wii U pad though, I thought it was going to make so many awesome RPGs, but sadly, no.
Last edited by Tiger21820 MASTER!! on September 25th, 2021, 7:48, edited 1 time in total! word count: 150
Reason: Topic split! Please don't post in the Old Nintendo DS Central Topics forum!
DPadDoc Tedhaun
Brand New Member
Brand New Member
Title: Proud Supporter of Team Darigan Citadel
Mood:
    Windows 10 Opera
Nintendo 3DS Central

Re: The WiiU didn't deserve death (Split from the NDSCentral Archive thread)

Unread post by DPadDoc Tedhaun »

Demon_skeith wrote:
September 24th, 2021, 23:44
I don't even remember what really killed it, bad programming? The bad name? I did love the Wii U pad though, I thought it was going to make so many awesome RPGs, but sadly, no.
The Wii U's commercial failure was due to a mixture of bad marketing, questionable naming that made some think that the Wii U was an add-on to the pre-existing Wii, and low/gradually decreasing third party support since the middle of the console's lifespan among other reasons.
word count: 95
Image | Image

Demon_skeith
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
Brand New Member
Brand New Member
Referrals: 4
    Android Chrome
Nintendo 3DS Central

Re: The WiiU didn't deserve death (Split from the NDSCentral Archive thread)

Unread post by Demon_skeith »

DPadDoc wrote:
September 28th, 2021, 20:29
Demon_skeith wrote:
September 24th, 2021, 23:44
The Wii U's commercial failure was due to a mixture of bad marketing, questionable naming that made some think that the Wii U was an add-on to the pre-existing Wii, and low/gradually decreasing third party support since the middle of the console's lifespan among other reasons.
I do recall all that, pretty sure developers complained about coding for it as well. Hard to believe Nintendo dropped the ball so hard after the Wii's sucess.
word count: 131

Last 255 Members Who Visited This Topic! Total 52 visits

User avatar Tiger21822 (8), tomthebomb (8), flowermom (7), User avatar Tiger21821 (7), User avatar Tiger21820 (9), User avatar DPadDoc (11), Demon_skeith (2)

Return to “Wii U Discussion”