Forum FAQs

Ask questions here!

Forum announcements and community news will be posted here! Only Administrators, Moderators, and Honorary Members can post topics here!
Tiger21820 MASTER!!
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Master of Fire & Ice!
3DS Friend Code: 0302-0580-1162
Switch Friend Code: SW-2874-9496-1397
    Macintosh Safari
Referrals: 2
Mood:
United States of America

Forum FAQs

Post by Tiger21820 MASTER!! »

Here is a list of potential questions that members may ask about the forums! If you have a question, ask it here! User question numbers start at 501!

Q. Do you own this forum?
A. I sure do! :bowser5

Q. I cannot post in the Spam Forum, Forum Games, or Advertising Forum! I also cannot chat in mChat, or post in the Knowledge Base! Why!?
A. Brand New Members cannot do those things! You need to be a Full Member to do so!

Q. Ok, how do I become a Full Member?
A. Make 200 posts! You can do it! :clapping

Q. What is the history of Nintendo 3DS Central?
A. Visit this topic and you may see a brief time line of Nintendo 3DS Central! This is the 4th forum in Nintendo 3DS Central's lifetime!

Q. Can I be a Moderator? PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!????
A. Maybe! Visit this topic, and if it's open, make an application there and I will consider the possibilities!

Q. What about an Administrator? Huh? HUH??
A. 'Frade not... Because of an event involving an abuse of power and me dealing with it unprofessionally, I cannot accept unsolicited applications for becoming an Administrator! I am the only one on this forum who will be an Administrator, since I am paying for hosting, and owning the domain name!

Q. WHAT ABOUT A CO-ADMINISTRATOR!?
A. Well, the Co-Administrator group was especially made to address the potential issues that an inexperienced Administrator could make, however, in order to apply for a Co-Administrator, you will need to be qualified first! You can find details about them here! There still needs to be open positions in order to apply, and they DO NOT open very often, because I am VERY picky about who I will accept!

Q. I was banned! What do I do!!!!
A. Calm yourself! Take a deep breath... Think about what you done, and follow these EXTREMELY helpful tips!
008-001. Wait for the ban to expire, and never create another account to bypass this!
008-002. If you were banned unfairly or do not agree with the ban, email me at Tiger21820@gmail.com and tell me why you were banned, how long you were banned, who banned you, and why you should not have been banned! I will talk to whoever banned you, and get the details from him/her! If the ban wasn't fair, the ban will either be voided, or shortened! If we decide that the ban was proper, then we will tell you, and will not be up for any further debate! Be polite and diplomatic about it, or we will ignore you!

Q. Someone is breaking the rules! Should I do something about it?
A. Yes! You can PM me, a Co-Administrator, or Moderator, but the best thing to do is to use the report post button and we will take it from there! Do not confront them! Let us handle it! And do not announce that you reported the member, please!

Q. Can you install or add an extension/style/language/rank/smilie/etc. for me? This would be a really cool thing to have here!
A. Post your requests here in the Feature Requests Forum!

Q. How many accounts can I have?
A. You can have up to 2 alternate accounts, which means you can have a total of three accounts! But don't abuse them or use them to evade bans, or else... :aggressive
Here is an example of how NOT to use an alternate account!

Q. How many warnings can I get before I am banned; how long is a ban; and how long until warnings expire?
A. Currently, 5 warnings will give you a 5 day ban, and warnings will expire after 90 days!

Q. What is a “NDSCentral Veteran”, and how do I become one?
A. A member who has registered in the 1st (Pro-forums) and 2nd (Forumer) generations of Nintendo (3)DS Central (NDSCentral as it was called back then)! It provides nearly the same permissions as an Honorary Member would have, except that they cannot see the Staff Lounge (Unless they are ALSO an Honorary Member), but have access to a very special board! They also have the Original Member rank!

Q. How does thanking work?
A. On anyone's posts, find a thumbs up icon on the top right corner of the post, and click it!

Q. Can I delete my posts or threads?
A. Nope! Not even Moderators can! Only I or a Co-Administrator can delete posts or threads!

Q. What is an "Honorary Member", and how do I become one?
A. An Honorary Member is a member who was once a Co-Administrator or Moderator on the forums but decided to step down from their position! They have a few privileges regular members don't have, like posting sticky threads, locking their own topics, posting in the Announcements Forum, and have access to the Staff Lounge! If a Moderator gets demoted due to breaking the rules, they will not become Honorary Members, and if an Honorary Member gets banned, they will become either a Full Member(if they have 200 or more posts), or a Brand New Member (if they have less than 200 posts) when (or if) their ban expires!

Q. What are points, how do I score them, and what can I use them for?
A. Points are a currency for Nintendo 3DS Central!
017-001. You get them primarily by posting! Adding topics, posts, and editing posts give you points! Different forums have different point values! There are a few other ways to score them too!
017-002. You can deposit them into the Nintendo 3DS Central Vault and protect them from being stolen by other members, purchase lottery tickets and try to win lots of points, donate them to other members, or try to steal them!
017-003. Members can also provide services in exchange for points! 2 examples would be opening an artwork commission shop, or a cheat code hacking service!

Q. What are the odds of winning the lottery? How does the jackpot increase?
A. The odds of winning the lottery are currently 1.00%! The jackpot starts at 5000.00, and increases by 1.01 for each ticket purchased, and increases by 5000.00 after every round a member participates in (it doesn't increase if no tickets are bought)! There is a drawing each hour! Note that buying additional tickets on the same round WILL NOT increase your chances of winning (As far as I can tell)! Buying additional tickets only increases the jackpot pool further, and nothing else!

Q. What is the VIP rank, and can I get it!?
A. The VIP rank is only given to specific members that I have special ties with! They are moved into the Full Members usergroup (they will have access to all of the features without having to make 200 posts!), and Moderators and Co-Administrators are not allowed to warn or ban them! And if you have to ask, the answer is no! :tounge1

Q. Reserved
A. Reserved

Q. Reserved
A. Reserved

Q. Reserved
A. Reserved

Q. Reserved
A. Reserved

Q. Reserved
A. Reserved

Q. Reserved
A. Reserved

Q. Reserved
A. Reserved

Q. Reserved
A. Reserved

Q. Reserved
A. Reserved

Q. Reserved
A. Reserved

Q. Reserved
A. Reserved

501. By CM30
Q. What is the ratings about?
A. I will get to that at some point... See this topic until I can post it here!

More soon! Ask your own questions here and I will add them to this post! Numbers start at 501 for user questions!
Last edited by Tiger21820 MASTER!! on May 29th, 2020, 16:35, edited 22 times in total! word count: 1307
:fireice1 :fire2 Master of Fire & Ice! :ice1 :fireice1
► Show Spoiler

Last 255 Members Who Visited This Topic. Total 51 visits

User avatar Tiger21820 (38), tomthebomb (2), User avatar Tiger21821 (4), flowermom (3), User avatar CaptainDrewBoy (2), User avatar Tiger21822 (2)

Return to “Announcements”